DEAN NORTMAN MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
Dean Ro. Nortman, 20, of rural Black River Falls, died August 2, 2000 in Pewaukee, Wisconsin as the result of a construction accident.
Dean was born in November, 1979 to Ronald and Cheryl (Haldeman) Nortman. As a lifelong resident of Jackson County, he graduated from the Black River Falls High School with the class of 1998.
Dean was an EMT and firefighter with the BRF Fire Department and Rescue Squad. Dean was extremely fond of his fire department and rescue squad affiliations.
Dean was a member of the National Turkey Federation and the BRF United Methodist church. At the time of his death he was a member of the Trout Run United Methodist Church of BRF.
During his short lifetime, Dean was employed at Pearsons How To Hardware and Scholze Ace Hardware. Beginning in May of 2000, Dean was employed by Hoffman Construction Company.
Peter and David Hoffman created this Scholarship in memory of Dean Nortman. In line with Dean’s interests, the Scholarship is for a student studying fire science or EMT-related education.
- Amount of Scholarship(s): $500
- Number of Scholarship(s) Awarded: 1
- Payment(s) to the selected recipient(s) will be made directly to the university/college financial aid office.
- Be a graduate or alumni of Black River Falls High School
Application Deadline is: (See the BRF High School Website for this information)
Applicants must submit the following items to be considered for this scholarship:
- Application forms and additional Instructions can be obtained from Black River Falls High School.
Selection will be made by the Black River Falls Fire Chief and the EMS Division Chief.