JAMES, JR. & ANNA KLIR MEMORIAL FUND
Rose Klir and Mary Curtis, daughters of James and Anna Klir who started the school bus service in Black River Falls Area Schools in 1938 and continued it until 1951, started this Scholarship fund in memory of their parents in 2000.
The first distribution from the Klir Memorial Fund was made in 2001. Since that date $1,000 has been awarded every year. Rose Ann Klir continues to make donations to keep this fund active and on going. Much thanks to Rose Ann for her generosity and willingness to help students with schooling expenses.
- Amount of Scholarship(s): $1,000
- Number of Scholarship(s) Awarded: 1
- Payment(s) to the selected recipient(s) will be made directly to the university/college financial aid office.
- Be a graduate or alumni of Black River Falls High School
- Application Deadline is: (See the BRF High School Website for this information)
Applicants must submit the following items to be considered for this scholarship:
- Application forms and additional Instructions can be obtained from Black River Falls High School.
Selection will be made by the Black River Falls Scholarship Committee.
2001 Gina Helstad, UW Madison: Veterinary Medicine
2002 Sarah Emerson
2003 Denise Eddy
2005 Christine Dahlen
2006 Jessica Ebert
2007 Erin Roseth
2008 Letece Borreson
2009 Eric Barclay
2010 Samantha Smetana
2011 Donnie Peterson
2012 Stephanie Kinyon
2013 Adam Nichols, UW LaCrosse: Middle Childhood Early Adolescence Education
2014 Cassie Marie Olson, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities: Agricultural Education, Leadership & Communication, Animal Science, Journalism