LELAND & JEANETTE MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP FUND
Jeanette Larson of Northbrook, Illinois died in May 2009. Her previously deceased husband, Leland, grew up on a farm near Taylor and recognizing the value of education, they jointly established the Leland and Jeanette Larson Scholarship Fund with the Foundation The fund awarded its first scholarship in 1991. In 2008, Jeanette increased the scholarship amount to $2,000 annually. The foundation was remembered in the estates of both Leland and Jeanette and funds from their estates will enable additional scholarship assistance to be provided for Jackson county graduates. Their generosity has financially assisted graduates for
- Amount of Scholarship(s): $1,000
- Number of Scholarship(s) Awarded: 2
- Payment(s) to the selected recipient(s) will be made directly to the university/college financial aid office.
- Student must be a resident of Jackson County.
- The first scholarship will always be given to a graduate or alumni of Blair/Taylor High School
- Application Deadline is: (See the Blair/Taylor High School Website for this information)
- The second scholarship will rotate between:
Alma Center Lincoln High School (2015)
Black River Falls High School (2016)
Melrose-Mindoro High School (2017)
If funds are not sufficient to award two scholarship in any year, the one awarded will go to a student of the Blair/Taylor High School.
Please see the respective School website for the Application Deadline
Applicants must submit the following items to be considered for this scholarship:
- Application forms and additional Instructions can be obtained from Alma Center Lincoln High School, Black River Falls High School, Blair-Taylor High School, Melrose-Mindoro High School.
Selection will be made by the appropriate school’s Scholarship Committee.
1996 Jeanette Eckel
1997 Amy Kniseley, UW LaCrosse
1998 Isacc Olsen, Milwaukee School of Engineering
1999 Amanda Buttke, St. Cloud State University, MN
2000 Ryan Hulett, UW Stout
2001 2001 Jennifer Storlie, Winona State University, Winona, MN
2002 Laura Peterson
2003 Rachel Storlie
2005 Katie Ginther
2006 Kimberly Ginther
2007 Elizabeth Massman
2008 Robert Klevgard
2009 Mollie Ginther
2010 Genevieve Dryak
2011 Melissa Massman & Megan Olson
2012 Melinda Feaster
2013 Mariama Dryak, Durham University, Durham, England: Social Sciences and Anthropology
2014 Morgan Nehring & Alyssa Ginther