MEGHAN POWELL MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP FUND
In 2008 the family of Meghan Powell created a scholarship in her memory. Meghan was only 13 when she died of cancer. Since Meghan was old enough to talk, her dream was to be a teacher. To honor her dream this scholarship is awarded to a graduate of Alma Center Lincoln High School (her home town) with preference to those interested in teaching.
- Amount of Scholarship(s): $1,000
- Number of Scholarship(s) Awarded: 1
- Payment(s) to the selected recipient(s) will be made directly to the university/college financial aid office.
- Be a graduate or alumni of Alma Center Lincoln High School
- Application Deadline is: (See the Alma Center Lincoln High School Website for this information)
Applicants must submit the following items to be considered for this scholarship:
- Application forms and additional Instructions can be obtained from Alma Center Lincoln High School.
Selection will be made by members of Meghan’s family
2008 Jacob Prindle & Nick Seichter (2 Scholarships Awarded)
2009 Jordan Ollhoff & Michelle Winson (2 Scholarships Awarded)
2010 Hannah Kalina & Stephanie Seichter (2 Scholarships Awarded)
2011 Joseph Pflieger & McKenna Powell & Scott Janke (3 Scholarships of $2,000 each)
2012 Jordan Ollhoff & Lexie Bowen & Same Farnsworth & Laura Wright
(4 Scholarships of $3,000 each were awarded this year, as this is the class Meghan’s would have graduated with)
2013 Katie Sproul, UW LaCrosse: Elementary Education
2014 Haley Sanders, UW Stevens Point: Early Childhood Education